We’re into week 2 of the Scarf Spin and Weave Along and so far, except for a few missteps by me, I think things are going just swimmingly. Since the Scarf Along is only 4 weeks I thought it might be time to introduce the next Along that will begin on February 1. This will take place mostly in my Patreon group so if this is something you think you might like, head on over and join me on Patreon. The Alongs are available for all support levels.
But just so you have an idea of what you might be in for, I thought I’d lay out the whole outline here.
- Choose a Pattern for a sweater to knit
- Choose a few fibers and make samples with different spinning and/or preparation techniques. Use those yarns to make swatches and make a final decision about which yarn to use.
- We will talk a lot about how to make the best choices and how to match the yarn gauge. I will do some live videos with some general information about how to go about choosing
- If you are a Patron at the Tiara Level I will do a video where I answer questions sent about the process, If you are at Coronet or above maybe this is where you’d like to use your chat for the year.
- Start Spinning
- Here’s where I’ll talk to you about consistency over the whole spinning process in posts and videos.
- storage bobbins
- sample cards and how to use them
- I love to talk about how to keep up your momentum over a large project and what I do to stay interested.
- Maybe we could have a discussion about our favorite shows to binge:-)
- We’re still spinning
- I want to give you plenty of time to get all of the yarn spun
- Here’s where I’ll talk about how much I spin before I begin to ply
- Also there will be a video here about all of my plying tips and how I use that sample card we made way back in February when I start Plying.
June and July
- Still spinning for many of us.
- Now I’m going to talk about how to finish your yarn after you spin it. Finishing choices based on your spinning and pattern choice. There will be a video here and plenty of discussion about how your finishing choice is just as important as your spinning and plying.
- Cast on your sweater.
- I’m leaving 2 months for knitting here because I am super slow and I will need lots of people bullying me into knitting every day.
- This is where I’m hoping to bring a knitting guest in to give advice and tips. I’m a good enough knitter but I could use some advice too:-)
September we will finish up and I’m hoping that everyone will post a photo to the group of their finished sweater.
Doesn’t that sound fun?! Plus you get all that for only $3 per month! And there isn’t a shipping or handling charge in sight.
I have lots to talk about and I definitely need a new sweater since every single one of my handmade sweaters has at least one hole that has been patched or is waiting to be patched.
So for my question – I was thinking that maybe some of you might want to start with raw fleece. I have a few…or 300. I’m thinking about selling some if anyone is interested. i have a wide range of breeds. If there is interest I will happily hike out to the garage and choose a few to post in the webstore. Just let me know. I would sell them by the full pound.
I also need to come up with a good #hashtag# for this spin along so if you wake up in the middle of the night with something snappy, let me know. We still have a few weeks.